Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Door Knobs ... and Canadian Tire

Seriously ... I am unhandy.  I wish I could do those everyday tasks that everyone can do so flawlessly.  But it just boggles my mind.

As you may know, I just moved into my new place about a month ago.  Anyway, there wasn't a lock on the door which I kind of like to have.  I was away last weekend, just shut my door, and I came back and the cat had gotten into my room while I was away.  And I have a hamster in my room.  That is NOT what I want to happen!  (By the way, the hamster is still alive!)  For that (and many other privacy issues), I want a lock on my door.

I went to Canadian Tire today and purchased a door knob lock thing and some screwdrivers (I got a big package ... they would have come in handy previously so I might as well have some!).  Brought them home.  I took the door knob off and tried to put the new one on.  It didn't work.  And I can't very well make a bigger hole.  I'm only renting the place!

So I brought the purchased door knob back and returned it.  I also brought the door knob that was on my door into the store and asked them for help.  The salesperson showed me the right door knob lock thing to get so I got it.

I got home and tried to put it on and guess what ... it didn't work!!!!!!  Now I'm kind of annoyed because it takes 30-40 minutes to get to Canadian Tire and then another 30-40 minutes to get back.  And it was a waste of time.  I showed the guy my door knob and everything and he still couldn't help me.

Now what do I do?  I have to wait for tomorrow to take it back.  I'm going to look like an idiot returning a second door knob.  I hope that the same person isn't at exchanges and returns!  This means another hour to hour and a half wasted.  Ugh!  I am NOT asking for a lock though.  They obviously won't be much help.

Also, I'm not going to Canadian Tire again!  I have honestly never really shopped there before.  But when I show the person my door knob and everything and he still can't help me!  That just proves what an idiot he is.  He could have gotten someone else to help me or something if he didn't know!  But no he just wants to give me wrong information.  Drives me crazy!

I might take a chance with Home Hardware tomorrow.  We'll see.  I have one that is close to my house so that's better than nothing.  At least I'll get more exercise tomorrow!

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a very annoying situation. What happened? Did you get a new doorknob?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I still don't have a lock for this door! So frustrating! Both of them are returned though and I guess I will just not put a lock on :(

    ReplyDelete