Monday, June 27, 2011

It's Tough Being Popular

This blog title is just for amusement.  But it does have some truth to it.  As I've mentioned in past blog posts, I have really changed and 'come into myself' since I started dating my boyfriend.  It kept progressing and I just feel so much more like 'me' now!  It is amazing!

The thing is, I lost a lot of my 'friends' when my ex and I broke up.  That was over a year ago but still.  Some of these people, I had been friends with for years!  And yes, they ditched me for my ex.  I've learned that they weren't good friends anyway but it is still hard to have 90% of the people you hung out with just stop talking to you.

So, in my last year of college, I made so many more friends.  People in my class, of course.  A couple of them who seem like friends that I will stay in touch with.  But then my boyfriend and I have made new friends, together!  And it is just incredible!  I am so happy with the friends that I have made.  It is exciting because they invite both of us to places and events - not just him and then I tag along (which happened with my ex ... Maybe I should have noticed the clues then!).  But they invite both of us!  Not just one of us!  I love being included in it.

The other thing is, people like me more.  This may seem a bit odd but I'm always trying to make a good impression and I want everyone to like me and I get super worried (anxious) about this.  But I don't have to put in that much effort.  I can just be myself (the quirky girl that I am) and people generally like me!  With my ex and his friends, it was always hard to make conversation with people, it was always awkward and forced.  Now it all seems so natural!

It is kind of cool now.  I'm always invited to a few parties every weekend.  People are texting me on Friday night being like 'hey are you coming to x event tonight, I'm going, you should come!' and things like that.  I love feeling like I am part of things!  Next weekend, we (my boyfriend and I of course) are invited to the beach, camping, a couple clubs/parties, and a friends place for a get together.  I have never had to decide between so many things before!

It is just making me so happy, to have such great new friends who I can bond with, to have such an amazing boyfriend, and to just really be me!

2 comments:

  1. Yay YOU! Sounds like you're having an amazing time. Enjoy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! Sometimes I just like to reflect on how much better things are going in my life and I'm sooo happy with it :D

    ReplyDelete