Monday, October 4, 2010

The Dreaded Muffin Top

I'm sure we all know what the muffin top is. If not, here is a brief description. It is when people are wearing too tight jeans, skirts, shorts, pants, etc. Because of some extra weight around the belly, it spills over. It is quite unattractive. If you want some images, Google it!

Do you blame the individual for their muffin top? Sometimes, yes. But do you know how hard it is for people, young women specifically, to shop for fashionable jeans or pants that don't cause a muffin top? I do have some extra belly fat. Sure, I'm working to get rid of it, but it doesn't disappear overnight! It is practically impossible to find stylish jeans that aren't "old lady" jeans. It seems that all the jeans I see in stores I shop at are low rise or extreme low rise. I don't want to wear low rise jeans, I would like a medium rise. But it is embarrassing to be shopping at the same store your mom shops at, isn't it?

I don't fully blame it on the individuals. I am sure that I have had this dreaded muffin top and I definitely don't want it! But it is hard to look nice and still fashionable. It's hard to find clothes that don't give you this.

If you have suggestions for stores dedicated to young women that don't have just low rise jeans, feel free to post it, and I'll update my article! As for now, I'll stick with searching hard for nice tops that aren't too tight and cover up the belly!

No comments:

Post a Comment