Monday, October 17, 2011

One Month "No Meat" Challenge

I'm about three weeks into the "no meat" challenge.  My boyfriend and I decided to do this and try and live a "healthier" lifestyle this way.  Basically, we stopped eating meat a few weeks ago.  October 22 (or is it 23) is the end of our "no meat" challenge.

The goal of this is that we see an end.  Giving up meat for a month ... that doesn't seem that bad, does it?  I mean, most people could do it if they set their mind to it.  Ahh, it's just a month, there is an end date, so not a big deal.  But the goal is that, by the end of the month, we will realize that it's easy and healthy to give up meat and we will not eat meat again.  However, if we notice ourselves getting unhealthy or something, we will figure out what we need to do and possibly start eating meat again.  Or even just eating meat on special occasions.

I've always loved meat, to be honest.  Mostly chicken and turkey.  My mouth is literally watering while thinking of this.  Thanksgiving (which is in mid to early October for us Canadians) was very difficult for me!  My whole family eating turkey and me ... not so much!

I've realized that I really REALLY crave meat.  A ridiculous amount.  I've tried to eat veggie burgers to satisfy my craving but that is not very successful.

There are actually a number of surprisingly good vegetarian recipes out there.  My boyfriend and I have tried making a few different "dishes" and some have been pretty successful.   It is kind of cool though, what else is out there!  I like experimenting with different recipes, I just miss the meat!

But I'm going to hold out for another week!  On my birthday though, it ends, and I guess we will see how things go then!

3 comments:

  1. That's a good idea. I wonder if I could do it??? my mom has told me some good tasting veggie burgers... I just think I would miss stuff like McDonalds. ;0) If I could do it, I probably would be at my goal weight loss. he he good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you for trying something new! If I did that, I'd be worried I'd replace meat with junk food and start mowing potato chips, cookies, ice cream and anything other meatless treat I could get my hands on!

    ReplyDelete
  3. There are actually some veggie burgers that are still "junk food". Personally I don't eat out much so that's not a big deal hah. But like there are veggie burgers are Burger King and they are really good! And there are veggie burgers at M & M Meat Shops that I've had a few of as well. They satisfy my meat craving a little bit! :)

    ReplyDelete