Saturday, October 22, 2011

Happy Birthday To Me!!

It's my 21st birthday today!  I'm super excited to see my family (including my sister who lives in Michigan now due to university) and I get to hang out with my boyfriend all day today too!  It's going to be wonderful!  My sister's birthday is in two days too, so we get to celebrate twice as many birthdays!  I'm not sure what we're going to do today but it should be decent weather anyway!

And then tonight I get to go out to a party with some of my friends - woot!  I'm so excited!

Oh, and my sister's birthday card is hilarious!  I love making birthday cards.  On the front of the card, I edited a couple pictures so it looks like my sister (instead of riding on top of a cow), is riding on top of my pet hamster!  What can I say, I'm weird like that, but I know she will love it and think it is hilarious!  I may edit out her face and post the picture sometime though, it is too funny!

:)

5 comments:

  1. Happy birthday! Oh my word 21! that's so young, have fun. Don't overdo the birthday fun, gosh I remember what I did when I turned 21..... ;0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here's that recipe! I do not use the butterscotch chips as I don't like the taste. But that's in the original recipe. Try it both ways.

    1 cup white sugar
    1 cup light corn syrup
    1 cup peanut butter
    5 cups special k cereal
    1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
    1 cup butterscotch chips
    Butter a 9x13 inch baking pan.
    In a saucepan over medium heat, combine the sugar and corn syrup, and bring to a rolling boil. Remove from heat, and stir in peanut butter. Mix in the cereal until evenly coated. Press the mixture into the prepared pan.
    In a glass bowl in the microwave, melt the chocolate and butterscotch chips, stirring occasionally until smooth and well blended. Spread over the top of the bars. Chill until set, then cut into bars.

    Word to the wise before it completely cools cut into bars, otherwise you will be wiped out trying to cut them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the birthday wishes and for the recipe! My birthday was very fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey man, advance happy birthday to you. It's only a matter of a few days before your birthday. I noticed that this post was last year but I guess it's meant to see this as I can greet someone in advance.

    I hope this advance greeting could make you smile!
    ~Roppets.com

    ReplyDelete