Thursday, October 6, 2011

Going "Home"

I hate it when people are always "when are you going home to visit your parents?"  I'm always like ... I don't go home to visit my parents ... I live at my home.  My "home" is not a place where I used to live, it's the place I currently live.  I don't even visit my parents all that often ... once every month or two.  Technically that address is my "permanent address" and the one that is on my license and stuff but that's just because I'm not staying in this location for very long and it is a pain to change addresses every few months.  So I'm not going to until I am going to stay in one place for at least a year.

That being said ... I didn't even feel "home" in that place when I lived there.  It's just not a "homey" feeling when I'm there.  It's just a miserable place!  A place where I feel awkward and just like something isn't right.  Thus why my home is the place where a) I live, and b) I feel at home.

It's almost Thanksgiving so people have been like "are you going home for Thanksgiving?".  My answer "yes I'm staying at home" meaning MY HOUSE not my parents house.

I don't even understand why people think it is "going home" because I haven't lived there for a few years.  I guess I get when I was in college / university.  But when I'm living somewhere else for a job or basically for anything that isn't school, I don't see why it isn't my home anymore!

All in all, I wouldn't visit home ... I live at home!

2 comments:

  1. I hear you! All my east coast friends who live in LA still say, "I'm going back home," when they go to visit family. It drives me crazy. They'ved lived in LA for ten years and still call another place "home." Whaaaaat?

    If I'm going to visit my parents, I say, "I'm going to visit my parents."

    I am home. Right now. In the kitchen, to be exact. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. And right now, I'm at my parents ... not at home. It doesn't feel like home. (Although I do go through their fridge like it is home lol) ;p

    I guess it is technically a "hometown" but I believe home is where you feel most comfortable at and where you spend a lot of your time!! Not where you grew up!

    ReplyDelete