Monday, December 13, 2010

The Breach of Confidentiality

The reason for this post? I feel very violated due to something that someone very close to me did. It wasn't just a friend though. It was my own mother. It wasn't just anyone she talked to, but a police officer.

I'm not a bad person. I've made some mistakes in the past. Maybe pretty bad mistakes. I can't say what it is on here but it's something that I have fixed (made right) and also something that really only hurts me. It doesn't affect anyone else. It's not something terrible like murder or theft or anything like that - so don't think I'm a bad person!

I got really worried and scared one night so I called my mom, just because I needed to get it out. I felt a lot better about it after I told her and I made sure she knew that I was in the process of solving the problem.

Nothing stopped her from talking to the police about it though. The police can't charge me (thank goodness). But, if things go wrong, they could in the future. I have to be insanely carefeul now to make sure I don't do anything close to that again. I thought that my own mother would at least respect my privacy. Maybe even help me through this. No. She tells the police. I don't know if she wants me scared or in trouble. She definitely got me scared, but I'm not in trouble. I can't believe she would do this to me though. I thought we were close. She told me that I could always call her if I was scared or needed any help or anything. That is why I called her at that moment. But I certainly won't anymore.

Bottom line, be careful who you talk to, you never know who could turn on you.

No comments:

Post a Comment