Monday, September 19, 2011

I've Been Busy

I've been the WORST about blogging for the past little while.  I've had some good things happen though recently.  I went through a REALLY tough time with money issues and house issues and legal issues (that weren't my fault but someone stole money from me).

BUT although it isn't all over ... I'm getting back on my feet!

I have a "real" job now.  It's part time BUT it will make enough for rent, groceries, the necessities.  My other job, which varies from month to month, will be the bonuses.  So I think it's pretty good.

I've been spending a lot of time with my boyfriend and our friends.  I have some amazing friends who I have really bonded with lately and I'm very excited about that.  I have never had really good friends but seems like I have some now which is great.

I also really love my new place.  I love having my own place.  It's a basement apartment and it's so cute.  It's nice to be able to have friends over and family over and it's all good!  My landlord lives right above me, in the actual house, which is nice because then it's always looked after and stuff.

My hamster is also super adorable!  For sure!

And I've been trying to eat really healthy.  My boyfriend has been teaching me how to use spices in cooking (I've always hated them and I don't know why).  We have made some delicious meals recently!  So amazing!  I've also started eating tofu and I'm slowly going vegetarian lol.  I have eliminated red meat from my diet (grrr I love burgers!) but I think it's for the better!  I still eat chicken and stuff like that but we are getting there!  Honestly part of it is that I have some chicken left in my freezer and I don't like things going to waste.  Really :p.

So I'm going to try and write some more blogs of substance soon! :P  Hah!  I do have some ideas, all written down, but I need to actually write them!

Hope you have all been having a great September! :)

5 comments:

  1. Wow! You have lots of good stuff going on! Congratulations on the new job and the new cute place. Enjoy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hear ya on the stress of those challenges, I too went through a lot due to my hubby and it's no fun. Hope it gets better and better. Good luck going vegetarian! I've thought of it but those cheeseburgers are really hard to give up! And with friends I've always noticed there are seasons of friendships, some last a while but they usually come and go depending on life circumstances. So if you can go with the flow, even better. And sometimes old friends re-appear.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just started to write my blog again and the first post i want to see is from you, i don't i just feel close to you although we don't know each other, and it's good to hear your enthusiasm and happy mood in your post, it made my day...:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Dominique - thanks! very true about seasons of friendships - they seem to come and go, but the really good ones will stick around (that doesn't make seasonal friends bad ... just seasonal!) and aha I am dreading giving up cheeseburgers! but veggie burgers are surprisingly good!
    @adnileon - yay! I'm so glad! :) I will also be checking out your blog soon enough :)

    ReplyDelete