Monday, December 19, 2011

Eight Ways To Survive Family Christmas

1. Take up drinking. A lot of it. And in a short period of time.
2. Ask for a handheld video game for Christmas. You may be playing with it all day.
3. Go for a walk. Get lost. Call your parents and ask them to come find you. Stay hidden for a couple hours.
4. Insist that you need to practice for your upcoming school concert. Choose opera.
5. Get everyone gag gifts. And use them constantly throughout the day.
6. Send your parents on a scavenger hunt for their gift. Make it at least an hour. Then give them a dollar store gift.
7. Forget everyone’s name. Introduce your grandpa as your girlfriend. Talk about how much your memory has improved.
8. Fake an injury. Spend the day in ER. Well, it’s a good way to get uninvited for next year.

6 comments:

  1. Some of those sound good! ;0) I hope you have a merry christmas! As for me, I make it a rule to stay for an hour for those places that I cringe going to and then leave! I can do anything for an hour!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a smart idea! I used to DREAD family Christmas and all sorts of things, but they aren't so bad anymore. Unfortunately I have to stay as long as my parents want to since I don't drive, aha! Heh :p

    ReplyDelete
  3. Merry christmas to you...hope it'll be one of the happiest christmas for you..^0^

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks! We all need some humour here and there :)

    ReplyDelete