Thursday, July 21, 2011

Hottest Day Ever (Toronto Ontario)

The highest temperature ever recorded in Toronto was on August 15, 1948 at 38.3°C (or 100.94°F).  Nonetheless, ridiculously hot for around here!

Temperature today was 38°C (or 100.4°F).

Luckily (thanks to my parents), I stayed in their air conditioned home all day.  Talk about brutal!

I'm not trying to compare to other countries/provinces or anything.  I know it will be insanely hot in Florida and California and Mexico ... places that are always hotter than us!  For me though, this was way too hot.  The humidex was 48°C (or 118.4°F).

And ... do you know how hard it is to find an air conditioner around here?

I will hope to find one on Friday or Saturday so that I can BREATHE in my house.  It's actually hotter IN m house than outside.  I don't go outside though because of the brutal sun.  I hate the feeling of the sun on my body.  Yeah, I'm one of those people.  Aha.  I just hate how I can feel the burning of my skin as the sun hits it.  I also dislike looking like a bright red lobster after it.  And I hate how the sun seems to steal all my energy, motivation, etc.

Anyway.  I'm going to hope that things get better.

So close to the hottest day ever.  It would have been kinda awesome if it had beaten the record. Just to say I survived it!

2 comments:

  1. Yikes! Sounds awful. Was it humid? Heat with humidity is a nightmare.

    Glad you survived! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was pretty humid, yes! Aha hoping that it doesn't get much hotter here. This week has been pretty nice :)

    ReplyDelete