Monday, August 22, 2011

Recipe: Chicken Flavoured Rice

Ingredients
condensed chicken broth
two cups of rice
peas
carrots
corn
(any other vegetables you'd like)
1 egg
salt

Directions
1. Make the rice.  I usually use Minute Maid white rice and I do two cups of rice.
2. Make the scrambled eggs.  Use one or two eggs.  Don't add salt because you will be adding salt to the final recipe.  You can do scrambled eggs on the stovetop or in the microwave.
3. In a big bowl, add the rice and eggs.  Add half a cup to one cup of vegetables.  You can use fresh veggies for the best taste.  Personally, I use a pack of frozen "mixed vegetables" which includes carrots, peas, corn, and potato bits.  You can experiment and see what vegetables you like best.
4. Mix the rice, eggs, and veggies in the bowl.
5. Add about 1/4 - 1/3 of a cup of chicken broth.  Mix it up.
6. Add a sprinkle or two of salt and mix.
7. If the chicken taste is not strong enough, add more chicken broth.  You can add as much as you'd like until you get your desired flavour.

This should be enough for four to six servings.

Enjoy!!

2 comments:

  1. I'll have to try this one too! I tried your recipe for fried rice and it was delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh you did? I'm so glad you enjoyed it! :) Sometimes it takes a bit of playing around to get the right amount of each ingredient but it's almost always good! I can't decide if I prefer the chicken flavoured or fried rice one better! You should check out my "chicken cordon bleu casserole" recipe - from a while ago! (if you haven't)

    ReplyDelete