Thursday, August 12, 2010

Summer Rush 2010

On Sunday August 8, 2010, I was one of the 17,000 people who witnessed one of the most amazing concerts ever - Summer Rush 2010 - Canada's Wonderland - Toronto, Ontario. It was absolutely incredible!

My favourite act was most definitely Basshunter. He has a way to just get the crowd going. Everything was just a million times better when he was on stage. He performed his new song Saturday which the crowd absolutely adored. By far the best performance of the night. Basshunter on stage is electrifying. The crowd was so pumped all during his show.

A very close second was LMFAO, the third to last performance. Performing hits such as Get Krazy, Shots, and I'm in Miami (of course switched to Toronto), they were also amazing. They had so much energy on stage as well. Many people were wondering about the robot on stage - but hey, it was cool!

The audience got very into just about all the performances. I can't think of an actual bad performance so the crowd had good reason to be excited about everyone. I managed to get a very good seat (yes, seat, I was one of the first 3,000 people there!) and looking behind to the grass during was incredibly. Especially during a few of Hedley's songs, the crowds swaying their arms back and forth. What an image! Definitely not something I'll ever forget. Throughout the whole show, you definitely had to be on the seats to see what was going on. Everyone in front of me (and behind me) was standing on their seats, trying to get a glimpse of these incredible performers!

One performance that surprised me was Blake McGrath. I actually had no clue who he was before but I found out that he had previously been on So You Think You Can Dance. No wonder his dancing was unbelievable! I enjoyed his songs as well but the performances - the dances - that was what blew me away.

My other favourite (I had four favourites - Basshunter, LMFAO, Blake McGrath and, last but not least, Girlicious). Of course, they are known for their dancing as well which was exceptional, of course! I knew their songs (unlike Blake McGrath's) so I could sing along to those. And those girls were looking gorgeous, as usual!

All in all, it was an incredible experience! I personally have never been to a concert before so I don't have anything to compare it to, but a second concert will definitely have some competition! I could tell by all the screaming fans that I was not the only one who enjoyed the concert immensely. If you haven't heard these artists and groups mentioned, I would recommend doing so immediately or you will definitely be missing out. I also recommend checking out Summer Rush 2011 - who knows what that will bring!

No comments:

Post a Comment