Monday, September 20, 2010

How Do You Get Around The City?

When I moved away for college to a “big city”, I was very excited about the public transportation. I could just hop on a bus and go anywhere! I found (and still find) it exciting and convenient. It seems like if you personally are driving, you always have to know your destination, and you just don't get to be as adventurous.

So many times, I have just gone on a bus and ended up somewhere. Or tried to get home using a different route. It is just fun to explore.

You don't even have to go within the city. You can try intercity buses such as the Greyhound or the Go Bus or Train. I love knowing that I can just hop on the bus and go to Toronto or almost anywhere! I feel like public transportation gives me so much freedom.

Sometimes public transportation can be a bit irritating. It seems like it takes longer to get anywhere on Sundays. The bus that goes by my place only runs every hour on Sundays instead of every half an hour. And the bus that's a short walk from my place doesn't run at all on Sundays.

I also wish that the buses ran later. On Fridays, the bus near my place runs until midnight. I like to go out and party and it is always later than midnight. I feel that the buses would be used better if they ran until two or two thirty so that people are able to get home. Sure, taking a taxi is an option, but I definitely prefer the bus!

If you have not used your city's public transportation – I definitely suggest taking a look at it. You can usually find some information and bus schedules online. Happy bussing!

No comments:

Post a Comment