Monday, September 13, 2010

Virgin Mobile - To Sign Or Not To Sign

If anyone ever asks me advice about Virgin Mobile ever again - my advice is GET OUT!  First, they have terrible reception (I rarely get service).  Second, they have terrible customer service.  Third, they do not respond to you in the time indicated.

Let's start at the end of the list (because it can only get better from there).  I have send them many emails.  Once an email is sent, it says that they will respond in two business days.  As of right now, they are almost two weeks behind in a few messages.  They are definitely not doing what they say they are doing.  I also talked to a customer service representative on the phone a while ago.  He told me that he would have some tech people look into a problem with my phone and they'd give me a call in a few days.  Over a week and a half later and still no response.

Second was the customer service.  I am always talking to someone who leads me to someone else who can't do what I want them to do.  It's so frustrating.  Perhaps they just need to be connected together better or something.  But there should be better customer service.  I had to talk to so many people to try and get a question answered and finally the third one came up with something but I still had to talk to two others who had to talk to even more people.  And guess what - the problem still isn't solved because there was miscommunication.  With that many people, could you really guess that would happen?

The biggest problem of all - the service.  I don't get reception at my parents house, my house at college last year, when I'm moving around in my house now (going from kitchen to bedroom to living room or something), my school, etc.  I will receive texts hours later than they were sent.  I have given up making phone calls from it because I can never get through.  It is absolutely ridiculous.  My parents house is the only location where I would accept if there was not service (as it is in the middle of no where).  My school is in a city, I live in the middle of a city.  There is no reason why I should not be getting service.  There is no reason why this should be happening.

They have recently offered me some new products and a bunch of deals to keep me as a customer.  I'll probably stay for the rest of my contract but I am immediately switching to a better company after this (Rogers perhaps?).  I will keep you updated if I change my mind on Virgin Mobile (which I doubt will happen - two years or terrible service - do you think my opinion will be swayed?).

My recommendation: never get a plan with Virgin Mobile.

1 comment:

  1. Hey I know this is off topic but I was wondering if you knew of any widgets I could add
    to my blog that automatically tweet my newest twitter
    updates. I've been looking for a plug-in like this for quite some time and was hoping maybe you would have some experience with something like this. Please let me know if you run into anything. I truly enjoy reading your blog and I look forward to your new updates.

    Here is my webpage ... sky tv

    ReplyDelete