Thursday, September 2, 2010

Welcome, September!

It's the start of a new month.  I have mixed feelings on this.  You can take it as a new start or you can take it as the end of something great.  It often depends on how your previous month was.

My August was exciting.  I was working, in school, and enjoying time with friends and family.  It was a very busy month for me.  But there are lots of things to be excited about for September.  I am excited about starting school and moving into my new house up at college.  I'm looking forward to having freedom again (not living with my parents).  I'm also looking forward to seeing more of my friends.  I'm still not sure whether or not I'm excited about it or not.

I think the transition from August to September is one of the biggest ones.  Many people start school in September.  It's also the start of autumn and it means no more summer.  Often it is when people have to start getting serious and back to reality.

What are you looking forward to in September?

3 comments:

  1. Hey I'm just answering your question from my blog about your triathlon you are training for. For swimming, I do breakwall swims in open water by my house-which are a little bit over a mile. Also, I do pool workouts. I just look online for those type of workouts... Biking is what I do the most. I'm always on my bike. I mostly do tempo workouts and once or twice a week, hard efforts. Then the rest of the week is recovery. For running, I do at a minimum of 4 miles. If you want to do a sprint triathlon, the run is a 5k so you want to train longer than what the actual run is in the race. If you have a track around your place, that is even better for running. If you want to do track workouts, let me know becuase I do some killer stuff and it definintely helps a bunch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Tony, that was awesome information! I feel that I am definitely going to need some training. I am a swimmer so I am not too worried about that - I'm planning to go swimming once a week to keep that up. As for running and biking - I am not doing anything near what you are - I will need to work on that!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. well just keep it at your capability. don't try to over-do anything, because then you just burn yourself out quicker. if you need any tips and info, lemme know!

    ReplyDelete