Monday, September 27, 2010

Charity Work - Is It A Choice?

It is, of course, great to do charity work.  Donating both money and time are wonderful.  There is no doubt about that.  But if you do not do charity work and donate money, is that wrong?  Should you be punished or something?

I have been doing some reading of opinions on this site that I visit regularly.  One user said that people take the money they have for granted and they are careless on what they spend it on.  I believe that doing activities with friends and family are not a waste of money.  Going out for a nice dinner with a group of friends or family is perfectly fine.  People should not try to make me feel guilty for that!

I am not a terrible person.  I actually do try to help out with some charities even though I am just a college student.  But I don't think that everyone should be expected to do the same.  People have their own priorities.  There are other things that are more important to them.  I don't want them to think it's bad if they do not donate money to charity and they use it for something out.  It is your CHOICE.  It is very kind if you donate money to charity but it is a choice and it should not be forced upon you.

The generalization that I read was that everyone is becoming far too selfish and only thinking of "me, me, me".  Is this really true?

Should people not be able to make their own choices without being judged by people?

Supporting charities is great but people should be able to make their own choice about things like that!  I do not want myself or others being judged for supporting or not supporting something.  It is your own personal choice.

Why Are People Becoming So Selfish

No comments:

Post a Comment