Monday, February 14, 2011

Hating The Love of Valentine's Day

A lot of people are anti-Valentine's Day because it's just a big marketing hype for stores to get money. I've heard all that before. So a lot of people just don't celebrate it.

But I really don't see what's wrong with celebrating a day of love. You don't have to spend a lot of money to show someone that you love them. Am I going to spend a lot of money on my boyfriend this Valentine's Day? Certainly not. I am, however, going to spend some time with him. I'm also going to give him a nice homemade card and some delicious cookies. I am sure that he will appreciate the time I spent doing both of those things. But how much money did I have to spend? Not a whole lot!

I hear of so many "anti-Valentine's Day" parties out there. For me, it just feels like hate parties. The reason I am not too fond of Valentine's Day anymore is because of these hate parties. I really don't get why everyone is hating the love. Instead of being a day for love, it's turned into a day of hate. It is like ... what has this world turned into?

Even if you don't have a boyfriend or girlfriend, there are a ton of other single people out there. You can still have a party. But make it a Valentine's Day party instead of anti-Valentine's Day. Have fun. Show your friends that you care about them (without spending money). I really don't see anything wrong with a fun, loving, caring day where you can cherish your friends, family, and significant other. Sure, you "should" do that every day - but who really does?

So for anyone attending an anti-Valentine's Day, think about it. Why hate the love?

No comments:

Post a Comment