Monday, February 21, 2011

What Are You Living For?

Really, what is your purpose? Why are you here? I know, difficult questions.
I have absolutely no clue why I’m here. What good am I supposed to do with my life? I’m not exactly powerful or influential or anything. I’m just me, a regular young adult who doesn’t know what the reason for her existence is.

I would like to find out. But how do you even do that? I really, really wish that I had a passion for something. Then maybe I’d feel more together with my life. Instead of how I am now.

It’s just … I should have a goal. I feel like I’m lost or something. I need someone to lead me. I want to know what I should accomplish.

How can I help people? How can I do something? I don’t know how. But I want to know. I want someone to tell me!

2 comments:

  1. Well, you've said you're a college student; what are you studying? What do you like to do for fun? What activity would you mourn if someone took it from you? What kinds of things do you like to read about? As far as career choices, I would start by thinking about these questions and see where that takes you.

    Now for the eternal "why are we here?" question, ha! I believe that we are here to love each other as God loves us, to put others first and help wherever and whenever we can, even (or maybe especially) in small ways; to learn about Him and worship Him as the creator of the universe and our redeemer who loves us so much.
    You may certainly disagree with any or all of this if you like. I hope I've at least given you some good stuff to consider!
    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am in Office Administration. I don't really like it though. As for what I do for fun - I like to swim, I like to hang out with my boyfriend, I like using the computer. What activity would I mourn if someone took it away from me? Only my boyfriend. I don't really have a single activity that I care that much about. I want to find that activity. And I don't enjoy reading much ... I can't focus enough to get through an entire book. I don't even read my textbooks for school!

    Hmmm I am not religious BUT I believe in treating others as you want to be treated. I believe in being the best person you personally can be. I feel that, as long as I'm a good person, that I will be okay when I die. If there is a God, will he reject me if I've been a good person but just not gone to church? I really don't see that happening. I make it my goal to treat others as I want to be treated. I try to help those who need it. I think that's a good way to start out, anyway.

    Thank you - you have given me some stuff to consider :D

    ReplyDelete