Monday, February 28, 2011

Recipe: Chicken Cordon Bleu Casserole

This is a delicious recipe.  I have tried it out a few times and it is always amazing.  If you enjoy mushrooms, it is wonderful with a topping (or side) of mushrooms.  Yum!

Ingredients:
4 cups of cooked egg noodles
1 pound of skinless chicken breasts, cut into cubes
2 cups of trimmed lean ham into small pieces
1 can of lowered-fat cream of chicken soup
5 slices of reduced-salt Swiss cheese
1 cup of bread crumbs
Spray butter or oil
Cooking spray

Directions:
1. First, preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
2. Spray a 13 × 9 inch baking pan with cooking spray.  Combine the chicken, ham, noodles, and soup in a large bowl.
3. Put half of the noodle mixture in the pan.
4. Places swiss cheese slices on top of the noodle mixture in the pan in one layer.
5. Place the rest of the noodle mixture on top of the cheese slices and smooth it down.
6. Sprinkle the top with bread crumbs. Then spray the top with spray butter or oil.
7. Bake for 35 minutes. The casserole should be hot and bubbly.

It should make about eight servings.

Enjoy!!

4 comments:

  1. This wont disturb my diet too much, will give it a try, you always make me hungry ha ha

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is actually a very healthy recipe if you use "low fat" ingredients! It can take a while to make but you will have lots of healthy leftovers!! It is probably my favourite dish right now :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I tested you tonight on this recipe Zinn, so thought I would come back and say how nice it was, its actually gorgous and went down really well with my partner, so I have named it after you in our house, Zinn Chicken Casserole lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yum! I'm so glad you have enjoyed it! Did you try it with mushrooms? I'm not a big mushroom fan but my boyfriend loves mushrooms so I fry up mushrooms when I make it and then give it to him. He loves it. I'm very glad you enjoyed it :)

    ReplyDelete