Monday, March 28, 2011

Trust

Trust is one of the most important things in a relationship.  You need to trust the other person.  What is there besides trust?  If you don't trust each other, how are you supposed to love each other?

I will admit - I have lied before.  But honestly, who hasn't?  I would be amazed to meet someone who has not told one lie.  I have lied about homework, being sick, parties, etc.  Mostly to my parents, sometimes to my sister, and occasionally to teachers.

There is one person I will never lie to.  That would be my boyfriend.  To me, a boyfriend is extremely important.  I need to always tell the truth to him.  It is someone who I could potentially be with forever.  I can't start it off by lying.

Okay, I have lied to my boyfriend once.  Once!!!  Do you know what happened the next day?  I blurted out the truth, said everything necessary, and apologized for the lie.  He laughed, it wasn't even anything important.  It was just something I didn't want to get into at that point, you know?

But I can't even lie about Christmas or birthday presents!  If he asks what it is, I will say yes.  Just tell him like that!

I have seen people in relationships who lie.  A lot.  How can you be with that person if you're lying?  Why don't you find someone else who understands you more, who you can be honest with?  Wouldn't you like a relationship with someone like that instead of someone who you can't be honest with?  A break up sucks when you care about the person, of course.  But it is sometimes necessary.  Sometimes you need to grow.  Sometimes your partner needs to grow.  Letting go of someone who you can't be your complete self around is often the best idea.

When I see someone lying to their partner, I really wonder about them.  Lying is a big deal.

As I've said before, it is all about trust.  You need to prove that you can be trusted.  You need to trust your partner.  Trust is the first step!

2 comments:

  1. so bloody true but freaking hard to do trust is my major issue?.... lol

    great post! ..Check out my blog, lets follow each other....
    http://dtrh-stateofmind.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks - yeah so many people have trust issues eh. But it is important to work them out and to ALWAYS be honest. And okay I will come check out your blog soon :)

    ReplyDelete