Friday, January 21, 2011

What Makes Someone Beautiful?

Personally, I don't think it's all about the physical looks. I do think it plays a part but it isn't the whole thing. Someone could be very attractive looking. But if she opens her mouth and says something rude or is just mean, she isn't that beautiful anymore to me.

A beautiful person is someone who puts effort and time into both her appearance and personality. It's a mix of both.

I know plenty of people who could be beautiful if they actually tried. Both people who needed to work on their appearance and personality. Appearance isn't everything in today's society but it is a very important aspect. It isn't "one or the other" - it's both.

The traits that I find most important to being beautiful are: being healthy, dressing for your body shape, being hygienic (showering and brushing teeth), being kind to others, honesty, being friendly, helping others when needed, smiling, and confidence. I think that, together, those traits can make a truly beautiful person.

Do you agree or disagree with me? What other traits do you think a "beautiful" person would have, in your opinion? What do you think?

2 comments:

  1. Definitely agree it's so much more than physical (see my post from a few months ago: http://floatlikeabuttahfly.blogspot.com/2010/11/better-than-beautiful.html)

    Beauty is in what we say, what we do, how we carry ourselves, and how we present ourselves to the world. Someone who is not what many would consider physically attractive could be stunning if her heart shines through, and a supermodel can become very ugly if she treats others poorly!

    With this in mind, you'd probably like the movie Shallow Hal (Jack Black, Gwyneth Paltrow) ... if you haven't seen it, check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beauty is so much more than just being physically attractive - so true!!! I will definitely check out that movie if I have the chance :)

    ReplyDelete