Friday, January 7, 2011

My Workout Routine

I told you that one of my goals was to lose weight, right? Well, if it’s a goal, I have to have an implementation plan. I have decided to create a workout schedule for myself.

Monday:
No class
Swimming - afternoon (one hour, every other week)

Tuesday
Class - morning
School gym - morning (one hour)

Wednesday
Work - morning
Class - early afternoon
School gym - afternoon (one hour)

Thursday
Work - morning
Class - afternoon
School gym - evening (one hour) OR dance workout - evening (one hour)

Friday
Work - morning and afternoon
School gym - afternoon (one hour)

Saturday
Friend's gym - morning or afternoon (one hour, every other week)

Sunday
Dancing - all day (every two or three weeks)

I guarantee I won’t be able to follow this all the time. But, if I manage to do four of these each week, I will feel accomplished. I have also developed a list of ideas to help motivate me.

- Develop a 20 minute strength exercise to do when I’m feeling tired or unmotivated.
- Encourage my boyfriend to come to the gym with me.
- Go dancing with friends on the weekend.
- Purchase a dance exercise routine to make it more fun.
- Occasionally go to my friend’s gym for a change of scenery.

I will keep track of my results and give you an update in about a month – the middle of February. I’m hoping for some feedback from you then, too. On how your goals have been going.

As for now, think of one of your goals. How will you make it come true? Give some detailed, step by step instructions. They don’t have to be as detailed as mine, but it’s a start!

Good luck.

5 comments:

  1. Good luck to you in losing your weight...^.^
    By the way you're also working?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I have started doing some exercises already but haven't gotten into my routine yet (it starts on Monday officially, when college starts).
    Yeah, I work part time at may college. I actually have the best job ever :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck with this, as a former big lad, I know just how hard it can be, especially at first when its motivation that needs driving, trust me after two weeks and you then start seeing results, motivation then will turn into addiction. Swimming was brilliant for me, but one person really helped me and my mother gave me the tip, now I am a guy and I shouldn't tell anyone as I will get ridiculed for this, but Davina's work out DVD! That women really is amazing. Good luck, let us know how you get along

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey! Thanks for visiting and commenting on my blog! :)

    I think that the way you're organizing your workout is really good and organized! Sometimes when I don't really organize a schedule I get off track and I just stop working out, and all of it was a waste. But now that I implemented a schedule just like you have, I am being able to follow it easily!

    I do swimming at least once every 2 weeks, and it really helps. I think that if you will be able to follow this schedule, you will definitely achieve your goal! :)

    Good luck to all of us!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for commenting =). I'm glad you're enjoying my blog. As for writing every day, I'm going to really try my hardest...but once school starts I'll see how that goes. Anyway, have a good night/day/afternoon/evening/morning (whenever you read this :P)

    ReplyDelete