Monday, January 3, 2011

Why Stay With Her?

This isn't a story about me (finally), but a story about a friend of mine. He's been dating this girl for like, four years or something ridiculous. A long time, especially for people in their early twenties and in college.

Anyway, the girl he's dating is, to put it nicely, psycho. She gets mad at every little thing he does. She has broken up with him more times than I can count. She gets jealous if he becomes Facebook friends with a girl. He has to hide any type of friendship with a female because she would freak out. He's not cheating, he just has female friends like just about everyone in the world. She is also depressed. So I do understand that he wants to help her or something. But she has been saying that she's going to get help for years. And has she? No.

About a month ago, they had a huge fight. I thought it was finally over. But no such luck there. He went back to her.

What I don't understand is why he goes back to her all the time. I understand that it has been a long time and all but she is just crazy. I would not be able to stand someone like that. He is never happy with the relationship, yet he stays in it. Does he want this to be his whole life? He want sot be with this miserable girl forever and ever? Sounds like a happy, satisfying, and fulfilling lifestyle ... sarcasm!

I feel like, if I were in his situation, I would dump her and be over with her forever. But everyone is different. I have been in a serious relationship and broken up with him. It is hard, yes. But when you know it's the best thing to do, you should just do it. What is he going to accomplish by staying with her? Nothing.

Anyway, I'm just rambling. I can't see why he's still with her. Have you ever been in a situation like this? Been with a psycho? Broken off a serious relationship? Tell your experiences!

2 comments:

  1. I went out on a few dates with a friend (it wasn't serious) but then he kept calling me (9 times in 2 hours) and emailing me to the point where I felt like I was being stalked. I won't go into all the details, but basically he wanted things too fast too soon. Eventually I had to just break off the friendship because it was getting to be too stressful. He was getting jealous of every guy I was friends with, hung out with and spoke about. He wanted a serious relationship but if he was being like that when we were just casual, I could only imagine what would have happened if we were in a relationship.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sometimes you realize you just aren't right for someone. That sounds pretty creepy, Karolynn. I can see why you'd break that off ASAP! Good thing you caught the signs before you ended up in a serious relationship. Once you get stuck in that relationship, it just keeps getting harder to get out!

    ReplyDelete